Do I act justly?
- Using fairness, equality, compassion in my treatment of others
- Resist the temptation to judge another without all the facts
Do I love tenderly?
- Reaching out to others in compassion, nurture, allowing them to see God through me
- Touching with His touch, ever gentle and loving
Do I walk humbly?
- No boasting or bragging about my service or discipleship
- Giving God the credit for all that I accomplish with others the focus of my concern
- Praising Him for the goodness I’m allowed to share
Of all these things we are asked to do, my great difficulty is the last — humility. Often I get carried away in conversation and begin to speak more about what I’ve done than about what God has done. Even if He has done it through me, it isn’t mine to boast. I’m committed after reading these humbling words from Micah to work hard to change this part of my character.
What are you willing to commit to in the coming days?
Image credit: First Presbyterian Church – Knoxville, TN