What a wonderful way to start the week by working out mathematical formulas! Right? No? Well, math isn’t my favorite thing to do, but I was pondering the word “thanksgiving” for no real reason, and came up with this formula:
- Thanks means to express gratitude. Add to that —
- Giving means to make a gift something, offer something, and those together equal
- Joy meaning a feeling of excitement, exultation.
If math or algebra class had proffered such formulas to work out, I think I’d have been a happier student!
God gives so generously of His love for us in innumerable ways that to not give back to Him in gratitude is disrespectful, thoughtless and unthinkable, at least in my opinion.
So, won’t you share in the joy of giving back to God in thanks today for the ways He has been good to you this past week? We’re gathering over at A Holy Experience today to do just that.
516. The devotional book, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young.
517. Successful surgery for our son and the start of a great recovery.
518. Answered prayers.
519. Joy expressed by friends at the beginning of summer vacation.
520. Love of a good man shown in so many ways.
521. Breakthroughs in my writing.
522. Study of James with friends.
523. Lovely connections with so many Christian bloggers.
524. Gift of praying for friends in difficult situations.
Tell of His excellent greatness.
Praise Him! Praise Him!
Ever in joyful song!