As we drove home this weekend from visiting family in Washington state, it was obvious that change is in the air.
We walked out to get in our car early yesterday morning, and there he was — Jack Frost all over the windows and surface areas. Making pretty patterns, yes! But oh, the air was so frigid and cold!
700. Visible signs of changing seasons.
And as we drove across the Columbia River into Oregon and hit I-84 west to Portland, we knew some things never change. The clouds told the tale for what we’d find down the road, and we did. Rain, rain, rain!
701. For things that remain the same, like rainy Octobers in Portland.
702. For His Word which never changes.
And for so much more to offer thanks for:
703. Safe travel this weekend.
704. Answered prayers for family and friends.
705. Friends met through blogging His Word.
706. Shelter and food at a time when so many suffer.
707. Shelters made available to the homeless as winter moves in.
708. Our church’s role in local missions.
709. The opportunity to serve others far and wide.
If you’d like to learn more about counting your gifts, hop on over to Ann Voskamp’s for Multitudes on Mondays.