Remember learning to count?
Likely we did not give thought to why we must learn to count. Only that we were learning something new.
Then one day as we grew older counting came in handy: counting cookies, playing games, keeping score, counting pennies and nickels.
But who would ever think it would become a blessing?
For me, that’s exactly what counting gifts, His gifts to me, has become. Of course, each gift is its own blessing.
But the mere thought that God loves me — ordinary, flawed me — so much that He blesses me over and over again, even in a single day! It simply
takes my breath away!
* * *
717. God’s Word so real this week.
718. Healing from a respiratory virus.
719. A good doctor, one who listens!
720. Seeing things as brighter and not dimmer.
721. Beginnings of recovery for friends in the east.
722. A super fund-raising effort by our MOPS group — we can make it through the year now!
723. Kindness shown by a friend.
724. Simple gifts found in devotionals with my husband.